[Solved] Can’t log in To iMessage On Mac
iMessage is a free and instant messaging application service that allows you to send and receive messages from one Apple device to another.
However, there are many Mac users who actually face troubles when they can’t log in to iMessage on Mac.
If you are one of those who are facing this issue, then it is advised to first check the internet connection. This is because this issue basically occurs due to a poor internet connection.
There might be another possibility of getting this issue if the date and time settings are incorrect or if you are using the third-party application.
To solve it, we have provided the most relevant solutions that will guide you in every possible way.
So, if you want to get the iMessage service back on your Mac device, then go through this guide till the end.
Effortless Ways to Fix Can’t log in To iMessage on Mac:
Here are some simple ways to know if you can’t log in to iMessage on Mac. You can proceed with either one of these solutions or all the methods until the login credentials are unblocked as earlier.
Method 1: Verify the Internet Connection on your Mac
iMessage applications require high internet connection speed to work properly on your device.
If the internet connection is slow or if there is no internet connection, then you cannot log in to the iMessage service.
Hence, follow the steps given below to check the internet connection to run the application.
- Turn on the Mac and click on the Apple icon from the right-top corner of the screen.
- Now, select the System Preferences option from the Apple menu to open the system list.
- After that, click on the Network option from the list and then locate the Internet and Wireless section.
- Click the tab and select the Assist Me option from the bottom of the list.
- After that, click on the Diagnostics option from the very top of the list and wait for the process to complete.
Now, when the diagnostics are successful, then you need a good connection and then you can log into the iMessage service easily.
If this method fails and still the iMessage is not logging into the service, then try out the next solution listed below.
Method 2: Check the Date and Time Settings on your Mac
The incorrect date and time settings are another prime cause for this issue to occur on your Mac device.
If you have set an incorrect date and time format on your Mac, then you can never log into the iMessage service.
Therefore, you need to set the correct date and time formats. Here are some of the steps that you need to verify the date and time settings on your Mac.
- Turn on your Mac and click on the Apple menu from the right-top corner of the screen.
- Select the System Preferences option from the Apple menu to open the System list.
- After that, locate the Date and Time option from the list and click on that.
- Now, set the Time manually at first and then set the Date accurately. You can also set it as Automatic from the options to avoid setting it manually.
- After that, click on the Clock button and then on the Confirm button below to save the changes.
Now, restart the Mac and try logging to the iMessage to see if the issue is now resolved.
If still, you are encountering the issue and the iMessage service still not logging in, you can proceed with another solution stated below.
Method 3: Remove the Third-Party Applications from the Device
The third-party applications are also sometimes the basic reasons for several issues to occur.
Hence, you need to delete all the third-party applications completely to sort out the issue on your system.
To remove the third-party applications, look at the steps that we have shared below.
- Turn on the Mac and locate the Applications option from the left side of the menu.
- Now, locate the particular third-party application that you want to delete and click on that.
- Press the Command + Delete button at the same time to delete the application permanently.
- If you have set a password for the Deletion, then simply enter the Password and tap the Enter key to complete the task.
Now, restart the MacBook and try logging into the iMessage service to see if the method works.
If still, the issue remains, you can try one solution we have discussed below.
Method 4: Reset the NVRAM
Resetting the NVRAM sometimes helps to fix the iMessage not logging in to the service issue.
Hence, try to apply these steps to reset the NVRAM.
- If the MacBook is turned on, then simply select the Restart option to continue with the further steps.
- Now, when the Apple logo appears on the screen, press Command + Option + P + R key at the same time.
- After that, hold the keys until the Mac restarts and then simply release all the keys normally.
This will automatically reset the NVRAM and then you need to reconfigure the settings which are controlled by the System Management.
After completing all the steps accurately and successfully, try logging to the iMessage and see if the issue is fixed.
If somehow, the method fails and the issue remains, you can proceed with the next solution cited hereunder.
Method 5: Update the MacOS Version Manually
If none of the methods works, then there might be some issues with the OS version itself.
Sometimes, the outdated OS version can also result in iMessage error.
Hence, try out the steps that we have given below to update the MacOS.
- Turn on the Mac and click on the Apple menu from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the System Preferences option from the list to open the System files.
- After that, click the Software Update option from the very bottom of the list. This will automatically start searching if there any new version is available.
- If there is any latest version is available, click on the Download Now button and wait until the download is successful.
- When the download is over, click on the Install Now button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the above task.
Now, restart the Mac and see if the issue is now resolved and whether you are able to log into the iMessage.
If you have gone through all the steps accurately that we have discussed in this article, then one of these methods can surely help you to fix can’t log in to iMessage on Mac issue.
If somehow, the error still persists or the iMessage service blocking the login credentials, then there might be some other internal issues or the server issue itself.
In that case, you can feel free to take an expert’s advice. Finally, if you have other troubleshooting solutions to deal with this issue, you can unhesitatingly share your thoughts with us in the comment section provided below.