Bitdefender is a high featured security software service that also consists of a VPN. It allows you to save your documents from the hackers.
Bitdefender VPN provides security and encryption to Android and Windows users. However, sometimes the VPN application has some technical glitches as well.
Bitdefender VPN error code 1009 can occur while connecting to a network for the first time on your computer.
This error code appears due to various reasons. One of the most common reasons for this error code is the poor internet connection.
Apart from that, incorrect DNS input, corrupted Bitdefender VPN application can also lead to this error code.
So, if you are also encountering the same error code on your PC, then do not worry about it. Because you can easily solve it without facing any difficulty.
To resolve this problem, you should follow some of the possible fixes which are listed in this article.
Effective Methods to Fix Bitdefender VPN Error Code 1009:
If you do not have enough knowledge then it is quite difficult to solve this error code. However, here you will get to know all the troubleshooting fixes which might help you out to get rid of the Bitdefender VPN error from the device.
Method 1 – Update the Bitdefender Antivirus Application
An outdated version of the Bitdefender antivirus application can cause the Bitdefender VPN error code 1009. So, you need to keep the Bitdefender application up to date. To update it, try to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- At first, launch the Bitdefender window.
- From the Bitdefender window, navigate to the Update panel.
- Click on the Automatic Update option. Now, the system will find whether any update is available or not.
- If yes, then it will automatically update it. After completing the update process, reboot your PC and then check if the error code still appears or not.
Method 2 – Change the DNS Output
If the DNS output is incorrect, you can come across this error code on the device. In this situation, you need to modify the DNS to resolve this error code. The following steps will help you:
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel window and double-click on the Network and Sharing center button.
- From the Network and Sharing center section, click on the Change adapter settings option on the left panel and then double-click on the active network connection.
- Now, you can see that a pop-up window will display on the screen. Select the Properties button.
- When the Properties window opens, locate and double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 button.
- When the Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties window opens, select the “Use the following DNS server address” button and enter the details in the given box.
Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- After following these steps, click on the OK option to save it. Then, reboot your PC.
Method 3 – Turn On VPN Adapter
If the VPN Adapter is turned off then you might encounter the Bitdefender VPN error code 1009. So, you should enable it. To perform it, follow the undermentioned steps:
- First of all, launch a Command Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ncpa.cpl command and then press the Enter button to run this.
- After executing this command, you will see the Network Connections tab has opened.
- In the Network Connections section, right-click on the Adapter AnchoFree TAP-Windows Adapter V9 button and choose the Enable button to turn it on.
- Once it is done, restart the machine and then check if the Bitdefender VPN works correctly or not.
Method 4 – Check the Internet Connection
If there is a problem with the internet connection then also you might find this error code on the screen. So, check if the internet connection is properly connected or not. If not, then connect it correctly.
Method 5 – Uninstall and Reinstall the Bitdefender VPN
One of the easy methods by which you can solve this error is by reinstalling the Bitdefender VPN. Here are some steps that you can follow to get rid of this error:
- Press the Start button and move to the Control Panel window.
- Locate and select the Programs and Features tab.
- On the Programs and Features window, scroll down the page until you find the Bitdefender VPN application, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall option to remove it.
- Once the removing process is done, reboot your computer and then install it again from the manufacturer website of the Bitdefender.
So, open a web browser and go to the official website of the Bitdefender. After that, look for the latest version of the Bitdefender VPN application and install it correctly.
Once the installation process is finished, restart your device and then try to connect it and check if the error code still persists or not.
Hopefully, by following the above-mentioned methods, you can fix Bitdefender VPN error code 1009 without any hassle.