New Asus laptops are designed with a Smart Gesture feature. This tool is an advanced trackpad or touchpad that supports multi-touch gesture support. Asus Smart Gesture saves a lot of your time and effort but, many functions can’t be performed if it doesn’t detect the touch of your fingers.
This advanced trackpad is not free from occasional technical glitches and errors. Many users have complained that the Asus Smart Gesture not working after update installation. If you are one of them who is facing a similar issue, then do not panic. We have got you covered.
In this article, we will provide some solutions to fix this Asus Smart Gesture not working issue on Windows 10. Hence, before rushing out to a professional technician, you can try these tips to fix the problem.
What Can Cause ‘Asus Smart Gesture Not Working’ Issue?
Before we proceed to the solutions, it’s important to know the factors responsible for this issue. These are listed below:
- Asus Smart Gesture can stop working it you accidentally lock the touchpad. This can happen very often.
- Backdated versions of any application can bring about a host of issues. The Smart Gesture might freeze if the app’s version is outdated and old. This will happen all the more if you have an updated version of the Operating System. The old version of your smart gesture may not be compatible with the new OS.
- A corrupted or damaged touchpad driver on your Asus device can potentially trigger this issue.
Fix ‘Asus Smart Gesture Not Working Windows 10’ Issue With These Hacks
Asus Smart Gesture was designed to give you convenience. With it, you can perform many tasks simply with a few finger strokes. If the smart gesture feature stops working, it can cause more inconveniences for you. In this section, we bring you some easy tips that’ll help you to get rid of this problem.
Fix 1- Check if the Touchpad Is Disabled
Sometimes, you may accidentally disable the smart gesture feature of your Asus device. In that case, you can simply turn it on again with the help of function keys.
You can use the F9 key on your Asus laptop to turn it on or off. Alternately, in some models, you’ve to press Fn and F9 together. In case, you’ve unknowingly disabled it, turn it on with these keys.
Getting a new Windows 10 update can also automatically turn off the Smart Gesture. In that case, you can follow these steps to turn it on :
- Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘S’ key together. In the dialog box that opens, type ‘settings’.
- Now, you will have to enter the ‘Settings’ tab and choose the ‘Devices’ option. Inside the left-side navigation box, locate the ‘Mouse’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Additional Mouse options’ and go to the ‘ELAN Input Device’ option from there.
- Enable this particular option. Finally, restart your Asus device and check if the Smart Gesture is working properly.
Fix 2- Roll Back the Driver
When you get a new update on your Windows Operating System, it can suddenly stop your smart gesture. This can happen because the new OS isn’t compatible with the software of your existing driver. In that case, you will have to either get a new update or roll back to the previous version.
Rolling back to a previous version often helps to solve the issue quickly. You can apply this fix through the following steps:
Press the ‘Windows’ and the ‘R’ keys. This will prompt your device to open the ‘Run’ dialog box. In that box, type in ‘dvmgmt.msc’ and click Enter.
You will now be in the Device Manager window. Here, click on the ‘Mouse and other Pointing devices’.
Find out the ‘ASUS touchpad’ option and right-click on it. Then select the ‘Properties’ option.
Click the ‘Driver’ tab and then choose the ‘Roll Back Driver’ option. This will prompt your Operating System to roll back the driver to its previous version.
Finally, restart your Asus device and see if the smart gesture is working or not.
Fix 3- Reset to Default
If you wish to solve the ‘Asus Smart Gesture Not Working’ issue, then resetting back to default can be a good idea. It has proved to be an effective way for many users suffering due to this error. Follow these steps to reset the touchpad settings to its default mode:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key. This will open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In the dialog box type ‘control’ and then press Enter. After you get into the Control panel window, look for the ‘Large Icons’ option and give a double-click on ‘ASUS Smart Gesture’.
- Once you enter into the smart gesture settings, choose the ‘Set all to Default’ option.
- Finally, restart your device and verify whether the issue has been solved.
Fix 4- Reinstall ASUS Smart Gesture
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work to fix the error, this is the last resort for you. You will have to reinstall the smart gesture module again. Remember to have Administrative rights before choosing this solution.
Go through these steps to perform this solution:
Follow the first step mentioned in the previous solution to launch the Run dialog box.
Now, in the box, type the following: ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click on Enter. You will get a list of all applications that you have installed on your device.
Locate the ‘ASUS Smart Gesture ‘ option and right-click on it. After this, choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
Finally, go to the official website of Asus and download the Smart Gesture software. Allow some time to install it.
In the end, we hope that the solutions in our article will prove helpful to you. The ‘Asus Smart Gesture not working’ issue can be solved effectively with these unfailing tips.
Your suggestions and feedback are valuable for us to grow and improve. Do share them with us in the comments section.