Apex Legends is a popular free-to-play battle royale game that is designed and developed by Electronic Arts corporation. Currently, it has been downloaded and played by millions of players worldwide. However, various users have reported that their Apex Legends kept crashing with no error message being displayed. As a result, they were unable to launch or play the game. This can be caused due to an outdated graphics card driver, corrupted game files or corrupted system files.
Easy Solutions to Fix Apex Legends Crashing with No Error
Before we begin, it is important to note that this issue was largely faced by users who were running AMD Phenomenon on their device. Moreover, using a slow HDD can cause some problems as well. Thus, it is recommended to buy a new graphics card or the advanced SSD disk for your system.
Alternatively, you can try to fix this problem on your device by trying one of the solutions provided below. Make sure to follow each and every step very carefully.
Solution 1- Restart the Game
Incidentally, you can simply restart the game to check whether the issue is temporary or not. Sometimes, a quick restart of the system or the device can help to fix this problem.
However, if Apex Legends crashing no error message is still showing, then go ahead with the following solutions.
Solution 2- Disable Origin-In-Game
This is the easiest trick to fix the Apex Legends crashing issue. By turning off this feature, you may be able to play Apex Legends normally. Thus, follow the steps given below to do this.
First, you need to launch the Origin program. After that, head over to the Preference menu from the menu bar. Then, click on the Origin-In-Game tab.
Under this section, you can see the Enable Origin In-Game option. Simply turn it off.
Now, try to launch the game again and see if the problem has been resolved or not.
Solution 3- Put ‘Easy Anti Cheat’ Service in Low Priority
Another common cause for Apex Legends crashing with no error message is due to its Easy Anti Cheat service. Therefore, putting this as a low priority in the system should help you to resolve the crashing problem.
Hence, you can do this by following the steps provided below.
- At first, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Here, find the Easy Anti Cheat service from the list and right-click on it.
- Next, select Set Priority and choose Low.
After that, try to run Apex Legends and see if it is still crashing or not.
Solution 4- Reinstall Origin
Another effective solution to fix this problem is by simply reinstalling Origin. In order to do this, you need to first uninstall the Origin client and reinstall it with the latest version.
Thus, go through the following steps to reinstall Origin on your system.
- Press Windows + R button from your keyboard at the same time. Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter.
- Next, find Origin from the list of installed programs and right-click on it. Subsequently, choose Uninstall and follow the instructions to remove it from your system.
- After that, restart your system to complete the uninstallation process.
- Now, open a browser and visit the official website of EA. Here, search for the latest version of Origin and download it on your system.
- Once completed, run the downloaded file as an Administrator and follow the instructions to install the program. Restart your computer after a successful installation and check if your game is still crashing or not.
Solution 5- Configure fps_max Settings
Alternatively, there is another trick that you can try to fix Apex Legends crashing no error issue. That is, by changing the fps_max settings. You can do this by following the given steps.
Launch the Origin program and head over to My Game Library. After that, right-click on Apex Legends game.
Step 2 :
Next, tap on Game Properties option and after that choose the Advanced tab. Finally, enter ‘+fps_max 100’ command in the Command line argument.
Then, exit from the page and launch the Apex Legends game once again. Check if it crashes or not.
If your Apex Legends is still crashing then you can configure the settings further. Thus, try to bring down the fps_max value to 90 and so on. Keep trying this until you reach 45-50. Anything below that would give you bad game experience. Thus, if your game doesn’t work normally at fpx_max 40, then you need to wait for an update patch to fix it or update your hardware.
Solution 6 – Configure ‘r5apex’ Launcher
Another trick to fix this issue is by configuring the compatibility of the r5apex launcher. Thus, go through the following steps to do so.
- First, you need to navigate to the following directory –
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex folder
- In case it is installed elsewhere, then go to the main directory of Apex Legends. There, find r5apex.exe and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties from the options and head over to the Compatibility tab.
- Here, check the option for Disable Fullscreen Optimisations and save your settings.
- Now, start your game and it should open in a windowed format. Thus, it will not crash like before. You can change it to full screen after starting the game later.
In conclusion, the above solutions will help you to enjoy Apex Legends without crashing or experiencing any errors. Usually, reinstalling Origin or the whole game should effectively fix this problem as an end resort. Thereafter, if you are still facing this issue, there could be a problem with your hardware or operating software. Thus, you can contact customer support to have it looked into.