How To Fix IF AOL Is Down Using 2 Easy Methods
Getting “AOL mail not currently available” error? You need an effective way out to fix the problem at the earliest.
When you will get this error, you will not be able to open a new Email and as well the old mails that are in the mailbox. Besides, the mails that are in the sent section, won’t open due to this error. You will get a message “your mailbox is unavailable”.
Poor server status is the root cause that can trigger this issue. The DNS server can be another cause behind this issue. Sometimes, if the Windows Firewall is enabled on the device, it can also stop you from using the AOL mail.
So, if you are unable to perform any of the important tasks that are linked with the Email, we would suggest reading this article till the end.
2 Methods to Fix: AOL Mail not Currently Available
This section consists of two possible way outs so that you won’t face this issue in the near future. So, let’s start the process by changing the DNS server and then disabling the Firewall Protection.
Method 1: Change the DNS server
Changing the DNS server will help you to get a better internet experience. Sometimes, the problematic DNS server can be a cause for this error for which the AOL mail won’t open properly.
In most cases, changing the DNS server works the most. To change the server, you have to do the following steps:
- Go to the Control Panel. Find the “Network and Internet” option and click on it.
- Tap on the “Network and Internet Center” option and then click on the “Change adapter settings” option.
- Now, choose the connection (Local Area/ Wireless Network) that you want to configure Google Public DNS.
Note: If you use “Local Area Connection”, you need to go to the “Change Adapter” Settings. Then, click on the “Properties”.
If you are using the“Wireless Network Connection”, click on “Properties” to change the wireless connection.
- Now, open the “Networking” tab and choose the “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPV4). Otherwise, you can go to the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) and then tap on “Properties”.
- Go to the “Advanced” section and then go to the “DNS” tab, click on “OK”.
- Now, choose the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- You need to replace those addresses with the IP addresses and DNS servers.
Note: If you see any IP address that is under the Preferred DNS server or alternative DNS server, write it down. For IPV4, the DNS server address will be 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. For IPv6, it will be 2001:4860:4860::8888.
Now, restart the device and check if you can open the AOL mails after changing the DNS server addresses.
If you are a Windows 10 user, you have to do the following steps to change the DNS server address:
- Go to the “Start” button. Now, write “Control Panel” and then hit the “Enter” button
- In the Control Panel tab, choose the “Network and Internet” option.
- Now, click on the “Network and Sharing center” settings.
- Go to the “Change adapter settings” option and then click on it.
Note: Choose the network that is currently connected with the device.
- Right-click on the Network and then choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- From the Properties tab, go to the “Networking” section and then click on the “IPv4” option tap on the “Properties” section.
- If you see that the “Obtain an IP address automatically” option is enabled then click on “Use the following DNS server addresses” option. Then, put the DNS addresses that you want to use.
- Finally, click on “OK” and close the Properties tab.
You have now successfully changed the DNS settings on the Windows 10. Restart the device and check if the error is solved, if you are still getting the error go to the next method.
Method 2: Disable the Firewall Protection
Sometimes for the enabled firewall protection on the device, you can face issues on the AOL email. Turning off Windows Firewall helps the users to protect the system from unauthorized access.
So, it recommended to disable it in the Windows system. To disable the firewall settings in Windows 7,8 and 10 follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start button. In the Start search box, write “ Control Panel” and then hit the “Enter” button.
- Click on the “Control Panel” tab and then go to the “System and Security” option.
- Now, go to the Windows Firewall option. Choose the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option.
- Check the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- Now, tap on the “OK” button to save the changes.
Now, you have successfully disabled the Windows Firewall. Restart the device and check if the error is still there.
We have just discussed the effective solutions to fix the error. If you are still getting the issue, then we would recommend you to switch the browser to fix the issue. If you note the AOL mail server down then you need to wait until things get normal. Any difficulty? State that through the comment sections. For further assistance follow our website for any tech-related guides.