AOL is a web email service provider that has been helpful in sending emails for a long period of time now, throughout the world.
However, users have lately complained of confronting issues that involve its crashing. Besides, they also say that AOL has stopped working after updating the Windows system.
Why Does AOL Keep Crashing?
Now, before moving any further to the solutions, let’s take a deep look into the causes that are responsible for AOL keeps crashing error on your Windows/Android.
- Compatibility issues
- Outdated or Corrupt AOL program
- Firewall or Other Security Software
- Insufficient Ram
- Bad internet connection
- Virus or malware attack
Now, let’s move into the solutions for this issue. We have listed them separately for both Windows and Android in the next section.
What To Do If AOL is Not Working or Keeps Crashing on Windows 10?
If you have been recently facing issues with the working of AOL on your Windows 10 system and it keeps crashing or has stopped working altogether, then make sure to follow the solutions cited below sequentially.
Solution 1: Use the Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter is quite helpful in fixing common problems and thus hopefully it would help you to fix this issue as well. Here is how you can use Windows Troubleshooter if AOL stops working or keeps crashing.
- First of all, go to Start and then open Control Panel.
- After that, navigate to the “Troubleshooter” option and then click on “Troubleshooting”
- Click on View all and then go to the Internet Explorer Performance. Now once the on-screen instructions appear on your screen, make sure to follow them one by one.
Throughout the entire process, you should be connected to a good internet connection.
Solution 2: Turn Off Add-ons
If the solution mentioned above does not work for you, then try this solution for an easy fix to this issue. Turn off the Add ons and see if this works for you. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open a browser window and then within the tool icon in the menu bar, go to Add ons.
- Select all the Addons and then click on Disable.
Solution 3: Check if ActiveX, Java, Active Scripting are getting blocked by the Internet Explorer
You can also check if ActiveX, java, or active scripting is getting blocked by the Internet Explorer. As, many a time, they get blocked due to any changes or customized browser settings. If they are, then make sure to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Internet Explorer and then click on Tools.
- After that, go to Internet options>security tab and then click on “Reset all Zones to Default Level”.
- Click on Ok to apply the changes.
- This will unblock all of them. Once it does, the error must get resolved.
Now that you got a clear idea regarding how you can solve the error on Windows 10, let’s move further to different solutions for an Android device.
What To Do if AOL Keeps Crashing Or Has Stopped Working On Android Device?
If the AOL application has stopped working or started crashing on your Android device, then we recommend you to follow the solutions provided below.
Solution 1: Update Your Android OS
First of all, update your Android software and check whether it resolves the issue or not. To do so, follow the steps present in here.
- Connect your Android device to Wi-Fi and then open Settings.
- Go to “About Phone’ and then tap “Check for Updates”. If there will be any recent update available, you will notice an Update button. Tap on it.
- Now, you will see an Install option. Tap on it and your device will restart.
Solution 2: Force Stop the Application and Restart It
This solution is verified for Android version 4.4 or higher. If the solution mentioned above does not work then try to force stop and start the application again. To do so, implement the steps given below.
- Go to the Settings and then tap on Apps.
- Now tap on AOL and then select Force Stop.
- Tap Force Stop again if asked for confirmation.
- Lastly, restart the application and see if the problem is resolved.
Solution 3: Delete and Reinstall
If the problem still persists, then the last option remains to delete and install the application again. Follow these steps to do so.
- Go to the Settings and then tap Apps>AOL>Uninstall>OK.
- Now, reinstall the application again from Play Store.