When we think about software beneficial for streaming and viewing audio, video as well as multimedia, Adobe Flash Player pops up in our mind.
Nevertheless, recently, there have been many complaints regarding the Adobe Flash not working on Windows 10. This has resulted in several problems for users while playing videos, animations, games, and other stuff.
Although the cause behind it can be numerous. But, the possibility of Flash Player getting disabled on your system can be one of them.
So, check out this article to get a clear idea of Adobe Flash and the reason behind it not working on Windows 10.
Fixed: Adobe Flash not Working on Windows 10
Adobe Flash has been granting us with efficient viewing and streaming experience for a long time now. Its sudden crash can result in a lot of chaos specifically amongst Windows 10 users. Therefore, we have cited some easy ways to fix this issue without much effort.
Check Whether Adobe Flash Player is Disabled
The first and foremost reason why Adobe Flash not working can be due to the disabling of the Player. Now, let’s discuss various ways by which you can enable Adobe Flash player in different browsers.
How to Turn on Flash Player on Google Chrome?
If you notice that the Flash is not working on Chrome, first, check whether it is enabled on the browser. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Chrome Settings and then navigate to Advanced> Content settings.
- After this, click on Flash and make sure that “ Allow sites to run Flash” is on. Now, click on “Done”.
- To allow more websites to use Flash Player, click on manage expectations and insert the site’s address. Click “Done”.
- Also, check whether the websites are on the blocked list. If so, then remove it from the list.
Restart Chrome and see if the Flash Player works or not.
How to Activate Adobe Flash Player on Microsoft Edge?
If you are an Edge user and want to enable the Flash Player, follow the steps exactly as mentioned below.
- First, open the Edge browser. On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots or the Settings option.
- Now, Scroll down and select “View Advanced Settings”.
- Check whether the option for “Use Adobe Flash Player” is on or not. If not enabled, then turn it on and refresh the web page.
You may relaunch Microsoft Edge to see if Adobe Flash is working or not.
How to Turn on Adobe Flash Player on Opera?
If you are using Opera, we have listed the steps to enable the Flash Player on it without any hassle. Thus, to try this method follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, open a blank page in Opera and go to Settings. You will find this on the left side of the screen. After that, click on websites and scroll a little.
- Now, click on “Manage individual plug-ins” present in the Plug-ins category.
If you notice that the Adobe Flash Player is disabled, all you have to do is enable it again.
Update Graphics Card Driver
Another reason why Flash Player not working on Chrome can be outdated display drivers. Hence, you have to keep the graphics card driver up to the date. You can do so manually by going to the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card. Then, find the compatible and latest driver for your Operating System. Download and install it on your system and see if Adobe Flash is working.
Get Rid of Browser Cache
Some temporary, junk, and cache files can result in issues with Adobe Flash Player as well. Thus, getting rid of it may resolve the Flash Player issue without any hassle. Follow the steps as discussed below to clear browser cache.
- First of all, go to Chrome Settings> Advanced> Clear browsing data.
- A basic tab will open. Select “All time” from the Time range to check the “Cached images and files” box. Now, click on “Clear data”.
Lastly, restart your browser and see if the issue has resolved.
Reinstall the Flash Player
One of the easy ways by which you can resolve this error is by reinstalling the Flash Player on your browser. To do so, follow the steps exactly as given.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the official website of the Flash Player.
- After that, choose your Operating System and select “Flash Player 30 Opera and Chromium PPAPI”.
- Click on “Download Now “and then double-click on the downloaded file.
Lastly, make sure to install it on your computer and inspect if Adobe Flash is working properly.
Update Flash Player and Google Chrome
Many times, updating both Flash Player and Google Chrome can resolve the problem easily. Hence, to apply this solution, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
How to Update Flash Player?
- Firstly, go to Start and search for Control Panel. After that, click on the “View by” drop-down box situated in the upper right corner of the Control Panel window.
- Select “Large icons” present in the drop-down menu. Now, click on Flash Player (32-bit). This will open the Flash Player window. Following that, click on the “Updates” tab.
- Check the current version and click on “Check Now”. Make sure to check the browser version as well.
- Now, click on the Download Center link for Flash Player and uncheck the boxes from the column of “Optional offer”.
- Finally, click on the “Install now” option. After that, double-click on the Flash Player installer and follow the installation prompts accordingly.
How to Update Google Chrome?
- First of all, click on the Settings and launch the page on Chrome.
- On the left side, locate and choose “About Chrome”.
- After that, see whether the chrome version is up-to-date. If not, then update it to the newest version.
So, after updating both Chrome and the Flash Player, launch the application to check if it’s working.
Adobe Flash Player is an important tool to run various media files on Windows 10 and other Operating Systems. If somehow, it is not working, its time to determine the underlying causes and resolve it. The steps discussed above should help you get rid of this issue almost instantly.